We can’t believe October is almost over! During the month, we’ve been out on the road talking about our mission, mobilizing our community to take action, and expanding the reach of our Right To Know (RTK) and Resources After Diagnosis (RAD) programs.
We’ve been traveling the nation for three weeks, connecting with you and learning about why you fundraise and helping you raise even more!
In our first week, we drove from California to New York and met hundreds of new friends and fundraisers who support our vision. In our second week, we made a U-turn and cruised through the Midwest, meeting even more new friends.
This week, the Open Road Tour drove into territory its never reached before… the Pacific Northwest!
By the numbers
In our third week, we logged some serious hours and miles on the van.
- 2,579 miles traveled
- 42 hours driven
- 4 CrossFit affiliate stops
- 175 new signatures on the bus
- 17 RXBAR bars eaten and 13 packets of RX nut butters
- 16 BUBS collagen scoops in Bulletproof Coffee
- 12 Zevia‘s gulped
- 11 gas fill ups
- 2 KOA sleepovers (We’ve managed to avoid sleeping in any parking lots this year. That’s a win!)
- 5 nights spent in homes donated to us (Thank you sincerely to our hosts!)
- 1 professional sporting event (Go Pack Go!)
- 27 states driven through (8 this week)
- 4 National Forests visited
- 1 podcast appearance on Dads & Dumbbells
- 1 diner named after a crew member, Matt’s Diner
- 1 Hawaiian shirt Friday
- 4 drone flights (excitement pictured below)
Our third week’s route
Thank you to all of our hosts during the week. We had an awesome time working out, sharing stories, fundraising with old friends and meeting new ones at:
The best of the week
Here are some of our favorite moments from week three…